A Little Taste of Everything!

THE RECIPE OF HAPPINESS!

Weekly Top Posts

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Feathers!

 4 Items- Gems, Patterned Paper, Ribbon, and Punch for the Sentiment

I have been wanting to use some of the feathers I have had in my craft box for years. Today I found just the right challenges, The Copic/Promarker Challenge at The Outlawz and there is only 3 days left to play! Also entered her at St. Lukes Charity cards, Anything Goes and Paper Creations Ink.

For my card I new when I seen feathers I wanted to use a vintage hat with feathers. While searching the internet for clip art I found these images of women from different era's. I printed them all and this is the one I ended up using. I colored the image using my Copic markers, the E group (Eoo, Eo1, E02) for the skin tones,  in the C group (C00, C01, C02) for the boa and the hair (C3, C5, C9), and then shades in the BV group (BV00, BV01,BV02) for the dress, touched it off with R29 on the lips. Used some Tim Holtz distress ink on the images and smudged it into the image piece. I received some stickers in a package of scrap-booking supplies from an Anysoldier Junkie friend who was quitting and the star-burst sticker you see on the feathers was in that package. I sparkled her up with Stickles in Icicle on the boa, and Ruby Slippers on the dress.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an elegant card! Lovely image and the feather adds the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Paper Creations Ink.
Julia
http://paperandscrapscreations.blogspot.com/

Stamps and Paper said...

A relly chic and elegant card love the touch of your feather. Thank you for joining in our challenge over at St Lukes...please come back again next month

Anne

Deborah Frings said...

Such a beautiful card - she's an elegant lady, and I adore the feathers! Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge! Hope to see you again.

Sarn said...

Very elegant. I love it.

Hugs, Sandra

Arts by Sara said...

Angela... You card is beautiful! I love the feathers and the big bow really make it pop! You have created a very wonderful special card for someone! Thank You for joining us at Paper Creations Ink! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Happy Creating! Sara

Tara Cardwell said...

What an elegant card.
Thanks so much for joining our challenge this month over at St Luke's.
Tara (aka Craftilicious)
St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge Founder

Lynne said...

Very classy and elegant. Thank you for joining us at St Lukes Charity Card Challenge.
Lynne xxx

Kathryn said...

Wow great head dress, what a fab idea for your feathers! Lovely card. Thanks for joining in with us at Anything Goes K x